Sunday, November 23, 2008

Inspiration- Miami Design


My own personal inspiration when it comes to design comes from every aspect of my life. My culture, family, present, past and the places around the world that Ive seen. Every new day I push my motivation to allow me to finish all the tasks of my present because I know the ending result will be success. Weather or not I am experienced in the fields of work that I find myself having to accomplish day by day I promised myself that I will never give up. Most of my inspiration also comes from my parents and the people around me. The types of people who I admire the most are those who have the motivation and ability to take nothing and turn it into something. I believe this philosophy can be fit into any situation especially when relating it to the design process.

Design Miami is fascinating and inspirational to me for many reasons. I have been able to go visit the city of Miami many times. I am originally from New York City. Its true that once you are raised in New York everywhere else you go is subconsciously compared and contrasted. Miami is very rich in culture and traditions from all around the world and especially has a huge Hispanic influence just like New York. South beach and the towns surrounding the city are so rich in modern architecture and exotic scenery. The weather, the beautiful beaches, the incredibly friendly people of all ethnicities, and the metropolitan atmosphere makes this city in my own opinion very able to stand on its own as one of the best cities in the United States.
The city of Miami is the seventh largest city in the United States and is most known for its influences on the country for its prevalence in commerce, industry, entertainment, and the arts. It is also the center for many large business headquarters and cooperations for fashion. Miami is also known as one of the cleanest cities in the the us. The views of the lush green palm trees cover the city. In south beach the building literally hug the beaches making a day in the sun and crystal clear blue water and easy option. When the rain clears up this city is truly a beautiful sight. It is completely understandable why so many artists find their life's inspiration just by living there and building businesses.

Recently Miami has become a very strong and well respected city especially known for art and design due to the resurgence of the Art Deco District located in South Beach. Design Miami is known for collecting, exhibiting, discussing, and creating design. Design Miami holds events that bring together top design visionaries, celebrities, and taste-makers from all around the world to honor extraordinary talent and influence of their own 2008 designers of the year. Orgnaizations like Design Miami influence so many designers and people of the modern creative world to continue to be inspired not only by their surroundings but also by the other artistically influenced people around them. When people of the arts come together the only thing that can come out of that is more great creativity. It is important to support these organizations because art is visual and design is everywhere.

No comments: